• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened
• 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
• 1/3 cup dried dates, soaked in
warm water until soft
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup • 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 cup dried apples, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the oats in a blender or
food processor and pulse for 5 to
3. On a baking sheet, combine
the oats, shredded coconut,
and pecans; toast in the oven
for approximately 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes to ensure mixture does not burn. Once golden, remove from the oven.
4. Place the dates in a food processor and blend until they fully combine and form a paste- like consistency.
5. In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. As the liquid heats up, add the date paste and stir until it becomes well- combined with the mixture.
6. In a bowl, combine the toasted oat mixture, chopped apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and hot liquid from the stove. Stir until completely mixed.
7. Firmly press the mixture
into a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or until bars become firm.
8. Remove from the fridge and
cut into 20 bars. For more crumbly bars, store in an airtight container at room temperature; for firmer bars, store in the fridge.