• 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
• 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
• 1/4 cup raw sunflower
• 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
• 1/2 cup sunflower butter
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 1/2 cup black mission dried figs, coarsely
• 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add oats, quinoa, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds to a large baking sheet and spread around evenly. Once oven is preheated, toast the oats and quinoa for 8 to 10 minutes. Once done toasting, pour the mixture into a medium bowl and set aside.
2. While the quinoa, oats, and seeds are toasting, add sunflower butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt to a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir every so often until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, then add to the bowl with the oats and quinoa. Stir well to incorporate. Fold in flaxseed meal, dried figs, and chia seeds.
3. Line an 8×4 or 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper; pour mixture into the pan and spread out evenly, then press down in the pan very firmly.
4. Melt chocolate chips for 20 seconds in the microwave or over low heat in a saucepan on the stove top. Drizzle over bars. Place pan in the freezer for 30 minutes or until mixture has hardened.
5. Remove bars from pan and cut into 10 bars. Store bars in the fridge. Enjoy!