• 2-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into thin rounds 8.
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 2 tsp black peppercorns
• 10 whole cloves
• 6 cardamom pods
• 6 cups cold water
• 6 bags of black tea (preferably
• 2 cups whole milk
1. Combine ginger, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, cloves, and cardamom in medium saucepan.
2. Using mallet or back of large spoon, lightly crush or bruise spices.
3. Add 6 cups water; bring to boil over high heat.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover pan, and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
5.Remove from heat. Add tea bags and steep for 5 minutes.
6. Discard tea bags. Add milk.
7. Bring tea just to simmer over high heat.
8. Strain chai into teapot and serve hot. Add your choice of sweetener or leave unsweetened.