• 2 tbs olive oil
• 1 large leek (or 2 small ones), white and light green parts only, thinly sliced into half-moons (~3 cups)
• 12 oz new potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
• Kosher salt to taste
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 6 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
• 2 cups sweet green peas, fresh or frozen (if frozen, do not defrost)
• 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tbs coarsely chopped fresh dill
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, salt, and pepper, and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
2. Stir in the peas and continue to simmer until they turn bright green and just tender, 2 to 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted but still bright green, 30 seconds. Stir in the herbs and ladle into bowls. Serve hot.
Calories: 175; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 189mg; Carbohydrates: 23g; Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 9g