• 12oz fresh Brussels sprouts (weight after bring trimmed)\
• ¾ cup early peas, frozen
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 cups vegetable stock
• Seasoning to taste
1. Trim Brussels sprouts of stems and loose leaves before weighing. Then rinse.
2. Shred Brussels in a food processor or using hand grater.
3. In a medium-sized pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until softened (a few minutes), stirring often.
4. Add shredded Brussels, stir, and cook for a minute.
5. Add stock and season to taste with salt and/or pepper. Cover and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not overcook!
6. Add peas and cook for another minute until peas are warmed through..
7. Remove from the heat and puree the soup in a blender or food processor or using a hand-held emulsifier. Be careful not to splash the hot soup on you. Adjust seasoning and serve while hot.
Calories: 93kcal; Carbohydrates: 10g; Protein: 5g; Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Trans Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg/4mg; Sodium: 76mg; Potassium: 389mg; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 2g; Vitamin A: 2065IU; Vitamin C: 53mg; Calcium: 39mg; Iron: 1mg