• 2 1⁄2 cups instant rolled or steel cut oats
• 2 cups rice crisps
• 3⁄4 cup nut or seed butter (peanut, almond, etc.) 1⁄2 cup of agave or maple or date syrup
• 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
• Addition options for flavor variations, add 1⁄4 cup of:
• Mini chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, and/or dried fruit.
1. In one bowl, add the dry ingredients (oats, rice crisps, and brown sugar) together.
2. In another bowl, add the wet ingredients (nut or seed butter and syrup) and microwave for a few seconds to make it easier tom mix.
3. Pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl that contains the wet ingredients and mix them both together.
4. Then, add your toppings of choice to the mixture and stir them in.
5. Line a baking pan* with parchment paper and pour the mixed ingredients so it covers the bottom of the pan.
6. Press the mixture into the pan.
7. Bake in the over for 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Then, take them out of the oven and let cool completely.
9. Once cooled, removed them from the tin and slice them into rectangles.
10. Place them in a container and/or eat them immediately!
*Tip: the standard pan size for this recipe is 9”x9”. If you’re using a larger pan, or want the bars to be thicker, double the recipe.